Gerber Image is an actively used application created in 1980. The Gerber format is an open ASCII vector format for 2D binary images. It is the de facto standard used by printed circuit board (PCB) industry software to describe the printed circuit board images: copper layers, solder mask, legend, etc.Gerber is used in PCB fabrication data. PCBs are designed on a specialized electronic design automation (EDA) or a computer-aided design (CAD) system. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Gerber Image ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Gerber Image wikipedia page
- Gerber Image first appeared in 1980
- file extensions for Gerber Image include gbr, gbl, gbo, gbp, gbs, gko, gpb, gpt, gtl, gto, gtp and gts
- See also: ascii
- Have a question about Gerber Image not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
G04 #@! TF.FileFunction,Paste,Top* %FSLAX46Y46*% G04 Gerber Fmt 4.6, Leading zero omitted, Abs format (unit mm)* G04 Created by KiCad (PCBNEW (2016-07-14 BZR 6980)-product) date Sunday, 23 April 2017 'PMt' 23:49:01* %MOMM*% %LPD*% G01* G04 APERTURE LIST* %ADD10C,0.150000*% G04 APERTURE END LIST* D10* M02*
Example code from Wikipedia:
D11* X1785250Y2173980D02* X1796650Y2177730D01* X1785250Y2181480D01* X1796650Y2184580D01* D12* X3421095Y1407208D03* X1785250Y2173980D03* M02*
Last updated January 15th, 2020