Genie is an actively used programming language created in 2008. Genie is a modern, general-purpose high-level programming language in active development since 2008. It was designed as an alternative, simpler and cleaner dialect for the Vala compiler, while preserving the same functionality of the Vala language. Genie uses the same compiler and libraries as Vala; the two can indeed be used alongside each other. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Genie ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Genie wikipedia page
- Genie first appeared in 2008
- file extensions for Genie include gs
- See also: python, boo, d, object-pascal, vala, java, c
- Have a question about Genie not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
init print( "Hello, World!" )
Example code from Wikipedia:
class Sample def run() stdout.printf("Hello, world!\n") init var sample = new Sample() sample.run()
Last updated February 18th, 2020