Gambas is a historical programming language created in 1999. Gambas is the name of an object-oriented dialect of the BASIC programming language, as well as the integrated development environment that accompanies it. Designed to run on Linux and other Unix-like computer operating systems, its name is a recursive acronym for Gambas Almost Means Basic. Gambas is also the word for prawns in the Spanish, French, and Portuguese languages, from which the project's logos are derived.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Gambas ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Gambas wikipedia page
- Gambas first appeared in 1999
- See also: linux, freebsd, visual-basic, java, basic, qt, opengl, perl, python, visual-basic-dot-net
- I have 30 facts about Gambas. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
Private Sub Test(X As Float) As Float Dim Mu As Float = 10.0 Dim Pu, Su As Float Dim I, J, N As Integer Dim aPoly As New Float N = 500000 For I = 0 To N - 1 For J = 0 To 99 Mu = (Mu + 2.0) / 2.0 aPoly[J] = Mu Next Su = 0.0 For J = 0 To 99 Su = X * Su + aPoly[J] Next Pu += Su Next Return Pu End Public Sub Main() Dim I as Integer For I = 1 To 10 Print Test(0.2) Next End
Last updated July 22nd, 2019