G-code is an actively used programming language created in 1950. G-code (also RS-274), which has many variants, is the common name for the most widely used numerical control (NC) programming language. It is used mainly in computer-aided manufacturing to control automated machine tools. G-code is sometimes called G programming language, not to be confused with LabVIEW's G programming language. Read more on Wikipedia...
- G-code ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the G-code wikipedia page
- G-code first appeared in 1950
- file extensions for G-code include g, gco, gcode, mpt, mpf and nc
- See also: gerber-image, labview, punched-tape, html, css, apt
- Have a question about G-code not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
G28 X0 Y0 G1 X55 Y5 F2000 G1 Y180 G1 X180 G1 Y5 G1 X55 G1 Y180 G1 X180 G1 Y5 G1 X55 M0
Last updated February 18th, 2020