FreeBASIC is a historical programming language created in 2004. FreeBASIC is a multiplatform, free/open source (GPL) BASIC compiler for Microsoft Windows, protected-mode MS-DOS (DOS extender), Linux, FreeBSD and Xbox. The Xbox version is no longer maintained.According to its official Web site, FreeBASIC provides syntax compatibility with programs originally written in Microsoft QuickBASIC (QB). Unlike QuickBASIC, however, FreeBASIC is a command line only compiler, unless users manually install an external integrated development environment (IDE) of their choice. Read more on Wikipedia...
- FreeBASIC ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the FreeBASIC wikipedia page
- FreeBASIC first appeared in 2004
- See also: freebsd, linux, quickbasic, c, basic, opengl
- I have 30 facts about FreeBASIC. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
Dim As Vector Ptr player = New Vector() *player = Type<Vector>(100, 100) Print player->getX Print player->getY Delete player Sleep 'Prevents the program window from closing instantly
Last updated July 22nd, 2019