Free Pascal is a programming language created in 1997. Free Pascal Compiler (FPC) is a compiler for the closely related programming language dialects, Pascal and Object Pascal. It is free software released under the GNU General Public License, with exception clauses that allow for static linking against its runtime libraries and packages for any purpose in combination with any other software license. It supports its own Object Pascal dialect as well as the dialects of several other Pascal family compilers to a certain extent, including those of Turbo Pascal, Delphi, and some historical Macintosh compilers. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Free Pascal ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Free Pascal wikipedia page
- Free Pascal first appeared in 1997
- See also: object-pascal, assembly-language, pascal, turbo-pascal, delphi, objective-c, linux, powerpc, arm, sparc, x86-isa, ios, elf, freebsd, solaris, android, atmel-avr, jvm-vm, mips, ipf, visual-studio-code-editor, morfik
- Have a question about Free Pascal not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 9th, 2020