FRACTRAN is an esoteric programming language created in 1996. FRACTRAN is a Turing-complete esoteric programming language invented by the mathematician John Conway. A FRACTRAN program is an ordered list of positive fractions together with an initial positive integer input n. The program is run by updating the integer n as follows: for the first fraction f in the list for which nf is an integer, replace n by nf repeat this rule until no fraction in the list produces an integer when multiplied by n, then halt. Read more on Wikipedia...
- the FRACTRAN wikipedia page
- FRACTRAN first appeared in 1996
- FRACTRAN was created by John Conway
- tryitonline has an online FRACTRAN repl
- Have a question about FRACTRAN not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated June 22nd, 2020