Fortress is an actively used programming language created in 2004. Fortress is a discontinued experimental programming language for high-performance computing, created by Sun Microsystems with funding from DARPA's High Productivity Computing Systems project. One of the language designers was Guy L. Steele Jr., whose previous work includes Scheme, Common Lisp, and Java.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Fortress ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Fortress website
- the Fortress wikipedia page
- Fortress first appeared in 2004
- See also: fortran, scala, haskell, scheme, common-lisp, java, unicode, standard-ml, ascii, emacs-editor, latex, mathematical-notation, x10, chapel, sisal
- Have a question about Fortress not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
(* Hello World in Fortress *) export Executable run(args) = print "Hello, world!"
Example code from Wikipedia:
component hello export Executable run() = println(“Hello, World!”) end
Last updated February 18th, 2020