Flavors programming language is a historical programming language created in 1980. Flavors, an early object-oriented extension to Lisp developed by Howard Cannon at the MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory for the Lisp machine and its programming language Lisp Machine Lisp, was the first programming language to include mixins. Symbolics used it for its Lisp machines, and eventually developed it into New Flavors; both the original and new Flavors were message passing OO models. It was hugely influential in the development of the Common Lisp Object System (CLOS).Implementations of Flavors are also available for Common Lisp.New Flavors replaced message sending with calling generic functions. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Flavors programming language ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Flavors programming language wikipedia page
- Flavors programming language first appeared in 1980
- See also: lisp-machine-lisp, common-lisp
- I have 26 facts about Flavors programming language. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated October 12th, 2019