Factor is an actively used programming language created in 2003. Factor is a stack-oriented programming language created by Slava Pestov. Factor is dynamically typed and has automatic memory management, as well as powerful metaprogramming features. The language has a single implementation featuring a self-hosted optimizing compiler and an interactive development environment. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Factor ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Factor website
- the Factor wikipedia page
- Factor on github
- Factor first appeared in 2003
- file extensions for Factor include factor
- the Factor team is on twitter
- tryitonline has an online Factor repl
- See also: linux, joy, forth, lisp, self, java, scheme, c, java-bytecode, reverse-polish-notation, xml, opengl, postgresql, sqlite, objective-c, fortran, smalltalk
- Have a question about Factor not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
: make-html ( string -- xml ) dup <XML <html> <head><title><-></title></head> <body><h1><-></h1></body> </html> XML> ;
Last updated August 9th, 2020