Esterel is a historical programming language created in 1980. Esterel is a synchronous programming language for the development of complex reactive systems. The imperative programming style of Esterel allows the simple expression of parallelism and preemption. As a consequence, it is well suited for control-dominated model designs. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Esterel ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Esterel wikipedia page
- Esterel first appeared in 1980
- See also: c, vhdl, verilog
- I have 28 facts about Esterel. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
module ABRO: input A, B, R; output O; loop [ await A || await B ]; emit O each R end module
Last updated November 16th, 2019