AutoCAD DXF is a historical application created in 1982. AutoCAD DXF (Drawing Interchange Format, or Drawing Exchange Format) is a CAD data file format developed by Autodesk for enabling data interoperability between AutoCAD and other programs. DXF was originally introduced in December 1982 as part of AutoCAD 1.0, and was intended to provide an exact representation of the data in the AutoCAD native file format, DWG (Drawing), for which Autodesk for many years did not publish specifications. Because of this, correct imports of DXF files have been difficult. Read more on Wikipedia...
- AutoCAD DXF ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the AutoCAD DXF wikipedia page
- AutoCAD DXF first appeared in 1982
- See also: autocad-app, dwg, ascii
- I have 15 facts about AutoCAD DXF. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated October 14th, 2019