Domain Name System is an actively used protocol created in 1985. The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical and decentralized naming system for computers, services, or other resources connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the participating entities. Most prominently, it translates more readily memorized domain names to the numerical IP addresses needed for locating and identifying computer services and devices with the underlying network protocols. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Domain Name System ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Domain Name System wikipedia page
- Domain Name System first appeared in 1985
- Domain Name System was created by Paul_Mockapetris
- Have a question about Domain Name System not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 9th, 2020