DBase is an application created in 1979. dBase (also stylized dBASE) was one of the first database management systems for microcomputers, and the most successful in its day. The dBase system includes the core database engine, a query system, a forms engine, and a programming language that ties all of these components together. dBase's underlying file format, the .dbf file, is widely used in applications needing a simple format to store structured data. Read more on Wikipedia...
- DBase ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the DBase website
- the DBase wikipedia page
- DBase first appeared in 1979
- the DBase team is on twitter
- See also: c, clipper, foxpro, xbase, sql, jet-propulsion-laboratory-display-information-system, assembly-language, shapefile, excel-app, emacs-editor, visual-foxpro
- Have a question about DBase not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
i = 2 myMacro = "i + 10" i = &myMacro * comment: i now has the value 12
Last updated August 9th, 2020