DATALOG is a programming language created in 1977. Datalog is a declarative logic programming language that syntactically is a subset of Prolog. It is often used as a query language for deductive databases. In recent years, Datalog has found new application in data integration, information extraction, networking, program analysis, security, and cloud computing. Read more on Wikipedia...
- DATALOG ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the DATALOG wikipedia page
- DATALOG first appeared in 1977
- See also: prolog, java, owl, c, python, ruby, lua, clojure, racket, tcl, haskell, dot-ql, rdf, sparql
- Have a question about DATALOG not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
ancestor(X,Y) :- parent(X,Y). ancestor(X,Y) :- parent(X,Z),ancestor(Z,Y).
Last updated January 18th, 2020