Data Access Language is a historical programming language created in 1990. Data Access Language, or simply DAL, was a SQL-like language and application programming interface released by Apple Computer in 1990 to provide unified client/server access to database management systems. It was known for poor performance and high costs, something Apple did little to address over its short lifetime, before it was sold off in 1994. DAL is used as the native SQL dialect of the PrimeBase SQL server, as well as the now-defunct Butler SQL.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Data Access Language ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Data Access Language wikipedia page
- Data Access Language first appeared in 1990
- See also: sql, unix, pl-sql, transact-sql, hypercard
- I have 21 facts about Data Access Language. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 25th, 2019