comma-separated values, aka comma-separated values, is an actively used meta language created in 1972. In computing, a comma-separated values (CSV) file stores tabular data (numbers and text) in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas. Read more on Wikipedia...
- comma-separated values ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the comma-separated values wikipedia page
- comma-separated values first appeared in 1972
- file extensions for comma-separated values include csv
- See also: tsv, ascii, unicode, utf-8, fortran, html, xml, excel-app, unix, emacs-editor, awk
- I have 35 facts about comma-separated values. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
Year,Make,Model,Length 1997,Ford,E350,2.34 2000,Mercury,Cougar,2.38
Example code from Wikipedia:
Year;Make;Model;Length 1997;Ford;E350;2,34 2000;Mercury;Cougar;2,38
Last updated October 14th, 2019