Clipper is an actively used programming language created in 1985. Clipper is an xBase compiler, which is a computer programming language, that is used to create software programs that originally operated primarily under MS-DOS. Although it is a powerful general-purpose programming language, it was primarily used to create database/business programs.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Clipper ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Clipper website
- the Clipper wikipedia page
- Clipper first appeared in 1985
- See also: xbase, c, visual-objects, visual-basic, delphi, xbasepp, linux, unix, visual-foxpro, sql, dbase
- Have a question about Clipper not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
// Hello World in Clipper ? "Hello World"
Example code from Wikipedia:
USE Customer SHARED NEW clear @ 1, 0 SAY "CustNum" GET Customer->CustNum PICT "999999" VALID Customer->CustNum > 0 @ 3, 0 SAY "Contact" GET Customer->Contact VALID !empty(Customer->Contact) @ 4, 0 SAY "Address" GET Customer->Address READ
Last updated February 7th, 2020