C shell is an actively used programming language created in 1978. The C shell (csh or the improved version, tcsh) is a Unix shell created by Bill Joy while he was a graduate student at University of California, Berkeley in the late 1970s. It has been widely distributed, beginning with the 2BSD release of the Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) that Joy began distributing in 1978. Other early contributors to the ideas or the code were Michael Ubell, Eric Allman, Mike O'Brien and Jim Kulp. Read more on Wikipedia...
- C shell ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the C shell website
- the C shell wikipedia page
- C shell first appeared in 1978
- See also: c, linux, bourne-shell, algol-68, unicode, grep, bash
- I have 35 facts about C shell. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
# Always creates an empty file if ( ! -e myfile ) echo mytext > myfile
Last updated August 22nd, 2019