Bourne shell is an actively used programming language created in 1977. The Bourne shell (sh) is a shell, or command-line interpreter, for computer operating systems. The Bourne shell was the default shell for Version 7 Unix. Most Unix-like systems continue to have /bin/sh—which will be the Bourne shell, or a symbolic link or hard link to a compatible shell—even when other shells are used by most users. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Bourne shell ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the Bourne shell wikipedia page
- Bourne shell first appeared in 1977
- See also: unix, algol-68, c, almquist-shell, bash, rc, linux
- I have 50 facts about Bourne shell. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 25th, 2019