BEFUNGE is an actively used esoteric programming language created in 1993. Befunge is a stack-based, reflective, esoteric programming language. It differs from conventional languages in that programs are arranged on a two-dimensional grid. "Arrow" instructions direct the control flow to the left, right, up or down, and loops are constructed by sending the control flow in a cycle. Read more on Wikipedia...
- BEFUNGE ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the BEFUNGE wikipedia page
- BEFUNGE first appeared in 1993
- file extensions for BEFUNGE include befunge
- tryitonline has an online BEFUNGE repl
- See also: forth, intercal, ascii, brainfuck, lisp, python, whitespace, malbolge
- Have a question about BEFUNGE not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
v Hello World in Befunge >"dlroW olleH",,,,,,,,,,,@
Example code from Wikipedia:
>25*"!dlrow ,olleH":v v:,_@ > ^
Last updated June 22nd, 2020