BBCode is a text markup language created in 1998. BBCode or Bulletin Board Code is a lightweight markup language used to format posts in many message boards and on sites based on MediaWiki. The available tags are usually indicated by square brackets ([ ]) surrounding a keyword, and they are parsed by the message board system before being translated into a markup language that web browsers understand—usually HTML or XHTML.BBCode was introduced in 1998 by the messageboard software Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) implemented in Perl. In 2000 BBCode was used in phpBB—an internet forum system written in PHP and also XMB forum. Read more on Wikipedia...
- BBCode ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the BBCode wikipedia page
- BBCode first appeared in 1998
- See also: mediawiki, html, php, regex
- Have a question about BBCode not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
[table] [tr] [td]table cell 1[/td] [td]table cell 2[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]table cell 3[/td] [td]table cell 4[/td] [/tr] [/table]
Last updated January 18th, 2020