Batchfile is an actively used programming language created in 1985. A batch file is a kind of script file in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows. It consists of a series of commands to be executed by the command-line interpreter, stored in a plain text file. A batch file may contain any command the interpreter accepts interactively and use constructs that enable conditional branching and looping within the batch file, such as IF, FOR, and GOTO labels. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Batchfile ranks in the top 20% of languages
- the Batchfile wikipedia page
- Batchfile first appeared in 1985
- file extensions for Batchfile include bat and cmd
- See also: jcl, linux, notepad-editor, unicode, kixtart, vbscript, jscript, windows-powershell, unix, perl, python, ruby, php
- I have 50 facts about Batchfile. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
C:\>set /p ="Message 1"<nul >data.txt C:\>set /p ="Message 2"<nul >>data.txt C:\>set /p ="Message 3"<nul >>data.txt C:\>type data.txt Message 1Message 2Message 3
Last updated August 25th, 2019