BASIC-PLUS is a historical programming language created in 1975. BASIC-PLUS was an extended dialect of the BASIC programming language developed by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) for use on its RSTS/E time-sharing operating system for the PDP-11 series of 16-bit minicomputers in the early 1970s through the 1980s. BASIC-PLUS is based very closely on the original Dartmouth BASIC, although it added a number of new structures. In turn, BASIC-PLUS was the version that the original Microsoft BASIC was patterned.The language was later rewritten as a true compiler as BASIC-Plus-2, and was ported to the VAX-11 platform as that machine's native BASIC implementation. Read more on Wikipedia...
- BASIC-PLUS ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the BASIC-PLUS wikipedia page
- BASIC-PLUS first appeared in 1975
- See also: basic, dartmouth-basic, microsoft-basic, hp-basic-for-openvms
- I have 24 facts about BASIC-PLUS. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated October 14th, 2019