AXIOM is a historical programming language created in 1992. An axiom or postulate is a statement that is taken to be true, to serve as a premise or starting point for further reasoning and arguments. The word comes from the Greek axíōma (ἀξίωμα) 'that which is thought worthy or fit' or 'that which commends itself as evident.'The term has subtle differences in definition when used in the context of different fields of study. As defined in classic philosophy, an axiom is a statement that is so evident or well-established, that it is accepted without controversy or question. Read more on Wikipedia...
- AXIOM ranks in the top 20% of languages
- the AXIOM wikipedia page
- AXIOM first appeared in 1992
- Read more about AXIOM on Semantic Scholar
- See also: mathematical-notation
- I have 39 facts about AXIOM. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated November 16th, 2019