Amazon Web Services, aka Amazon Web Services, is a historical cloud service created in 2006. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon.com that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms to individuals, companies and governments, on a paid subscription basis with a free-tier option available for 12 months. The technology allows subscribers to have at their disposal a full-fledged virtual cluster of computers, available all the time, through the Internet. AWS's version of virtual computers have most of the attributes of a real computer including hardware (CPU(s) & GPU(s) for processing, local/RAM memory, hard-disk/SSD storage); a choice of operating systems; networking; and pre-loaded application software such as web servers, databases, CRM, etc. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Amazon Web Services ranks in the top 10% of entities I track
- the Amazon Web Services website
- the Amazon Web Services wikipedia page
- Amazon Web Services first appeared in 2006
- the Amazon Web Services team is on twitter
- See also: login, azure, redis, mysql, postgresql, android, google-cloud
- I have 25 facts about Amazon Web Services. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated July 22nd, 2019