Atari BASIC is a historical programming language created in 1983. Atari BASIC is an interpreter for the BASIC programming language that shipped with the Atari 8-bit family of 6502-based home computers. Unlike most 8-bit BASICs, Atari BASIC is not a derivative of Microsoft BASIC, and differs in significant ways. It includes keywords for Atari-specific features and lacks support for string arrays, for example. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Atari BASIC ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Atari BASIC wikipedia page
- Atari BASIC first appeared in 1983
- See also: atari-microsoft-basic, atari-st-basic, basic-programming, microsoft-basic, basic, applesoft-basic, basic-plus, hp-time-shared-basic, optimized-systems-software, turbo-basic-xl
- I have 25 facts about Atari BASIC. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
10 REM Opens the cassette device on channel 1 for reading in BASIC 20 OPEN #1,4,0,"C:MYPROG.DAT"
Last updated December 10th, 2019