Applesoft BASIC is a programming language created in 1979. Applesoft BASIC is a dialect of Microsoft BASIC, developed by Marc McDonald and Ric Weiland, supplied with the Apple II series of computers. It supersedes Integer BASIC and is the BASIC in ROM in all Apple II series computers after the original Apple II model. It is also referred to as FP BASIC (from "floating point") because of the Apple DOS command used to invoke it, instead of INT for Integer BASIC. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Applesoft BASIC ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Applesoft BASIC wikipedia page
- Applesoft BASIC first appeared in 1979
- See also: microsoft-basic, integer-basic, macbasic, c, scheme, java, chinese-basic
- Have a question about Applesoft BASIC not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated June 22nd, 2020