Apache Velocity is an actively used template language created in 2003. Apache Velocity is a Java-based template engine that provides a template language to reference objects defined in Java code. It aims to ensure clean separation between the presentation tier and business tiers in a Web application (the model–view–controller design pattern). Velocity is an open source software project hosted by the Apache Software Foundation. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Apache Velocity ranks in the top 20% of languages
- the Apache Velocity website
- the Apache Velocity wikipedia page
- Apache Velocity first appeared in 2003
- See also: java, html, sql, postscript, xml, java-server-pages, thymeleaf
- I have 28 facts about Apache Velocity. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
<HTML> <!-- Hello World in Velocity --> <BODY> #set( $foo = "Hello World" ) $foo </BODY> </HTML>
Example code from Wikipedia:
<html> <body> Hello Velocity World! </body> </html>
Last updated December 4th, 2019