Analytical engine is a computing machine created in 1837. The Analytical Engine was a proposed mechanical general-purpose computer designed by English mathematician and computer pioneer Charles Babbage. It was first described in 1837 as the successor to Babbage's difference engine, a design for a mechanical computer. The Analytical Engine incorporated an arithmetic logic unit, control flow in the form of conditional branching and loops, and integrated memory, making it the first design for a general-purpose computer that could be described in modern terms as Turing-complete. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Analytical engine ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Analytical engine wikipedia page
- Analytical engine first appeared in 1837
- See also: assembly-language, punched-tape
- Have a question about Analytical engine not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 9th, 2020