Altair BASIC is a programming language created in 1975. Altair BASIC is a discontinued interpreter for the BASIC programming language that ran on the MITS Altair 8800 and subsequent S-100 bus computers. It was Microsoft's first product (as Micro-Soft), distributed by MITS under a contract. Altair BASIC was the start of the Microsoft BASIC product range.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Altair BASIC ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Altair BASIC wikipedia page
- Altair BASIC first appeared in 1975
- See also: assembly-language, microsoft-basic, punched-tape
- Have a question about Altair BASIC not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated June 22nd, 2020