Almquist shell is a programming language created in 1989. Almquist shell (also known as A Shell, ash and sh) is a lightweight Unix shell originally written by Kenneth Almquist in the late 1980s. Initially a clone of the System V.4 variant of the Bourne shell, it replaced the original Bourne shell in the BSD versions of Unix released in the early 1990s.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Almquist shell ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Almquist shell wikipedia page
- Almquist shell first appeared in 1989
- See also: c, bourne-shell, bash, freebsd, korn-shell
- Have a question about Almquist shell not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated May 25th, 2020