ALGOL 68 is a historical programming language created in 1968. ALGOL 68 (short for Algorithmic Language 1968) is an imperative computer programming language that was conceived as a successor to the ALGOL 60 programming language, designed with the goal of a much wider scope of application and more rigorously defined syntax and semantics. The contributions of ALGOL 68 to the field of computer science have been deep, wide ranging and enduring, although many of these contributions were only publicly identified when they had reappeared in subsequently developed programming languages.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- ALGOL 68 ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the ALGOL 68 wikipedia page
- ALGOL 68 first appeared in 1968
- See also: algol-68-r, flacc, algol-60, c, bourne-shell, bash, python, seed7, mary, s3, s-algol, pascal, unix, perl, lisp, unicode, bcpl, algol, ascii, java, jovial, simula, coral, pearl, rtl-2, hal-s, fortran, cobol, cms-2, bliss, algol-w, sparc, solaris, multics, algol-n, ada
- I have 91 facts about ALGOL 68. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
proc test = (real a, b) :... ... test (x plus 1, x);
Last updated August 22nd, 2019