Forth is an actively used programming language created in 1970.
- Forth ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Forth wikipedia page
- Forth first appeared in 1970
- replit has an online Forth repl
- See also: lisp, apl, factor, postscript, rpl, rebol, reverse-polish-notation, freebsd, c, linux, unix, atmel-avr, msp430, ascii, joy
- I have 74 facts about Forth. just email me if you need more.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
' Hello world in Forth ." Hello World" CR
Example code from Linguist:
: HELLO ( -- ) ." Hello Forth (fth)!" ; HELLO
Example code from Wikipedia:
hex create AKey 61 c, 8A c, 63 c, D2 c, FB c, : test cr 0 DO rc4_byte . LOOP cr ; AKey 5 rc4_init 2C F9 4C EE DC 5 test \ output should be: F1 38 29 C9 DEEdit
Last updated February 11th, 2019