ALGOL W is a historical programming language created in 1966.
- ALGOL W ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the ALGOL W wikipedia page
- ALGOL W first appeared in 1966
- See also: algol-60, pascal, modula-2
- I have 26 facts about ALGOL W. just email me if you need more.
Example code from Wikipedia:
RECORD PERSON ( STRING(20) NAME; INTEGER AGE; LOGICAL MALE; REFERENCE(PERSON) FATHER, MOTHER, YOUNGESTOFFSPRING, ELDERSIBLING ); REFERENCE(PERSON) PROCEDURE YOUNGESTUNCLE (REFERENCE(PERSON) R); BEGIN REFERENCE(PERSON) P, M; P := YOUNGESTOFFSPRING(FATHER(FATHER(R))); WHILE (P ¬= NULL) AND (¬ MALE(P)) OR (P = FATHER(R)) DO P := ELDERSIBLING(P); M := YOUNGESTOFFSPRING(MOTHER(MOTHER(R))); WHILE (M ¬= NULL) AND (¬ MALE(M)) DO M := ELDERSIBLING(M); IF P = NULL THEN M ELSE IF M = NULL THEN P ELSE IF AGE(P) < AGE(M) THEN P ELSE M ENDEdit
Last updated February 11th, 2019